Thursday, July 21, 2011

Take a step back and refresh everything.

It's absurdly hot in DC this week. Looking out of the window from one our office rooms, I felt bad for the construction workers outside somehow working through the midday heat. Meanwhile, I was inside all day.

Since I work in an office, there aren't usually that many things to document in images. When I'm not at my computer, what I'm looking at is usually something like this --- scrawled notes on Corporation for the National and Community Service stationery with my Global Engagement Summit "engage." water bottle nearby [and more often than not, an unnecessarily purchased chai].

The first item on my work calendar this morning was a "Whiteboard Brainstorming Session" with the Executive Director and the four of us who support her. As a follow-up from last week's public conference call where the Council presented its proposed interim recommendations to the White House, we started to work on delineating a clearer and more detailed work plan that would outline the work that the Council could accomplish to support the interim recommendations. In doing so, we realized that we needed to rethink (again?) how the various ideas were organized and what the broader umbrella announcement / recommendation / big idea really is.

Thus, the brainstorming session.

Four hours, a few bagels, and many iterations later, we ended up with this:


And then we turned that into understandable words.

No comments:

Post a Comment