Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy birthday!

Happy five-year anniversary, Education Sector!


Two summers ago, I was a Policy & Communications Research Assistant at Education Sector, a fantastic forward-thinking education policy think tank situated at the intersection of policy, research, and practice. My thinking about urban education policy developed a lot while working at Education Sector, and I'm grateful to the wonderful mentors I had there who helped me translate my policy research into my senior thesis at Northwestern and helped guide my decisions about what I should do post-college.

Although my recent work has shifted more towards asset-based community development and civic engagement at a larger level within city governance structures, my heart will always be in urban education policy. It was wonderful to reconnect with my former colleagues who are still driving the thought leadership on K-12 education, higher education, and the transition between the two institutions.

Thank you, and happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment